Friday, April 25, 2014

No Runnin' No Blog

I went to Mexico a few weeks ago. There was considerable libation and sun worship. On my return I had a nasty bout of post vacation syndrome. Blues like the Caribbean under a cloudless midday sky. I fell into a funk and off of my routine. I started eating wrong, couldn't be bothered to exercise, neglected my spirit. As always it wasn't until the pain of becoming a mindless numb blob began to sink in that I became motivated to change again. Over the last few days I have changed my diet, focussed more on healthy eating,and I've made a point of going for a daily run again. What do you know, all of a sudden I want to share some joy with you, my peeps. When I am in good health, and reaping the mental/physical/spiritual/emotional rewards of exercise and nutrition, I maintain my focus on health. When I fall off, I not only fall off, I fall victim to a form of amnesia. I forget all the benefits, and how good it feels to be active and well. Consequently I spiral down. This blog of mine is more for me than anyone else. I use it like lines on the road, and every once in a while I need to repaint them for myself so I stay out of the ditch. That's all for now.

No comments: